East Burwood Master Athletics
At the Bill Sewart Athletics Track. A 400 metre polyurethane track which offers full facilities for all track and field events and is marked in accordance with IAAF requirements.
Victorian Masters Athletics (VMA) hosts track and field events every week at a number of venues throughout Victoria. We cater for all levels of fitness for adults ranging from 30 years to 85+. If you can walk, you qualify! It’s a friendly environment that encourages participation and keeping fit/active.
Our East Burwood venue (Bill Sewart Athletics Track, behind Nunawading Basketball Stadium, Burwood Highway) hosts events every Thursday from 7:00pm to 8:30pm, followed by supper.
The current program for East Burwood is available for download below. It includes throwing field events as well as sprint races, middle distance, and walking races.
You are welcome to come and participate free for two weeks before joining VMA. As a member of VMA you can participate in events at any of the venues for a very low cost ($5 anytime you attend!)
Get in touch with us today, we’d love to hear from you!
Located in the beautiful South-Eastern suburbs of Melbourne
Bill Sewart Athletics Track
East Burwood Reserve
Burwood East VIC 3151
Opening Hours 19:00 – 21:00 THU
VENUE MANAGER Chris Worsnop
MOB 0403 910 183
If you have a medical condition, are overweight, are aged over 40 years or haven’t exercised regularly in a long time, it is recommended that you see your doctor for a medical check-up before starting any new exercise program.
$5 entry. Please bring a debit/credit card if possible. Programme may vary at short notice if there is a change to VIC Govt COVID requirements or if heavy rain disrupts events.
Previous Results by Month for each year
Older Photo Albums / Content
- Tribute to Eddie Stack (Click for PDF)
- Photos and videos from the 2022 Hawley Thomas Memorial Relay event (Link to photo album
- Photos and videos from the 2022 John Gosbell Memorial 5km event (Link to photo album)
- Photos of East Burwood teams at the 2022 Andy Salter Memorial 3.1 km relay event (Link to photo album)
- Photos from the 2021 John Gosbell Memorial 5km event (Link to photo album)
- Photos and music videos from the 2019 Hawley Thomas Memorial Relay event
- Photos from the 2019 John Gosbell Memorial 5km event (Link to photo album)
- Photos from the 2018 Doug Orr 880 yards Inter-venue event (Link to photo album)
- Photos from the 2018 Hawley Thomas Memorial Relay (Link to photo album)
- Photos from the 2018 John Gosbell Memorial 5km event (Link to photo album)
Unwell? Stay home!
Especially in COVID times, out of respect for others, if you think you may be unwell or have any of the following symptoms: high temperature, sore throat, shortness of breath, fever and/or a cough, please do not attend East Burwood Masters Athletics. Stay at home, rest and get well instead!
Use Facebook? Want to keep up to date with the happenings at East Burwood Masters Athletics?
Click this link and join our Facebook page!
Seiko stopwatch (with printer) manual (pdf 1.9Mb)
Virtual Volunteer app with stopwatch function (install on your smartphone):
Android version http://bit.ly/2O9xBVV
Apple iOS version https://apple.co/2n7aAr9